Thursday, April 15, 2021

God Always Provides

How has your week been going? As I write this on Thursday afternoon things for this week are winding down. I keep a schedule where Sunday through Thursday are full work days. To the best of my ability I try to take Friday off. Most Saturdays I do some work for church but I try to keep that to relatively minor things.

Earlier today I picked up the mail, which included a hand-written note that said:

“Today’s thought, Exodus 16:35, God always provides.” I looked that verse up and read this:

The people of Israel ate the manna for forty years, till they came to a habitable land. They ate the manna till they came to the border of the land of Canaan.

In Exodus 16 we see how God provided food for His people as they traveled from slavery in Egypt to freedom in the Promised Land. God provided for His people then. Perhaps not what they wanted, but certainly He gave them what He needed.

As I think back on the things that I, as a pastor, have had to deal with this week, I see that God has continued to be a God who provides. In the things that need to be done each week, but are far from rote tasks, God has provided. And in the unexpected things that come up each week, God has provided.  

As my work week winds down perhaps the best way that I know that God has provided is when I think about what He has provided for me, and perhaps for you, in His Son, the Lord Jesus, as Savior and Lord. A number of things this week, and in particular today, have brought to my mind the very real need for my salvation, and the truth that that need was met by Jesus. And I am even more thankful for the unexpected but most welcome reminder in the mail that God, through the Lord Jesus, always provides.

 

Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment