Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Life Happens


It has been two full days. Not quite the Monday and Tuesday I expected when Sunday was coming to a close. Lots of things to get done that hadn’t been planned for, meaning that those things I thought I would do, and eventually will have to do, will get done some other time. Given that later today I am leaving for a week-long trip that other time will be next week, after I get back home.

Life happens. That is the way things go, and none of the things that came up yesterday and today were serious emergencies, and so I am glad for that.

Life happens, and no matter what may happen in particular, two things that don’t change is that God is on his throne, and that he never changes. Some people may disagree with one or both of those statements, but I think they are both true and for the best. That might be a conversation for another blog post.

I'll close with a comment about the picture. I took it last night when I was standing outside talking with someone from our church. We were watching the weather blow through when a rainbow appeared. And then the rainbow became particularly intense, and I took the picture. The brilliance of the colors was so beautiful that at the time I didn’t even see that it was a double rainbow until I showed someone the picture today.

Life happens. God is still on his throne. God hasn’t changed. And this is all good. 

May you find yourself closer to God today than yesterday, and may you be closer still tomorrow. Catch you again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment